Friday, May 2, 2008

May is a busy month

I have not made much progress on my bag yet. It is a busy time of year. I am finishing up the semseter (one more week of classes) and then taking off for nine days in my favorite city, Paris. I will be on the lookout for fabrics and textiles there (when I am not walking, eating, drinking, taking photos, etc). Soon after I return from Paris we are heading to NC for our sno's wedding. I have already given him the purple and orange batik chuppah (canopy) for the wedding ceremony. It is six feet square and can be used as a bed quilt or wall hanging after the weddding.

The last time I worked on the Virginia Woolf bag, I set the photo in a lavender border, then set it on a floral fabric (on point) then set that in a dark floral print. I started to quilt the front and back panels to batting and then stopped. I hope to finish qulting the front and back tomorrow, and then sew on a bottom strip, and make the lining.

The bag will be auctioned off at fundraiser for In Other Words, the non-profit feminist bookstore in Portland where my daughter works. I just found out toda that I will be visiting her for the fundraiser, which is August 1. I will spend a few days in Portland on my way to a meeting in Denver. August will be a busy travel month as well, as we are going on a hiking trip in western Ireland. So I will try to make the August bag during July.

OK, time to pack up and get ready to leave the office and head out for an early birthday celebration. My 58th birthay is on Sunday.

No comments: