Monday, May 26, 2008

I am back from Paris

I am back from nine days in the most beautiful city in the world. My cousin Cheri and I had a great time, walking, eating, drinking, talking, laughing, and speaking French whnever we could. I was pleased to see her carrying her quilted bag (see March bag of the month). Here is a photo i took from a bridge over the Seine, looking at the back of Notre Dame. I tried to visit Le Rouvray, the Paris quilt shop, but it was closed. I did visit Bouchara, a big fabric store with a small quilting section. I bought half a meter of a yellow floral print.


After not quilting for two weeks I was eager to get back to fabric and sewing. With my son's wedding approaching next week, I decided to make a small fabric bag to use at the wedding. The wedding colors are purple and orange, so here is the bag I sewed for myslef today!

I had some pieces of this shimmery fabric in several different colors, including purple and orange. So I cut out squares and upt them on point, sewed the outside, quilted it to batting, sewed the lining in a matching green fabric, and made handles. I now like the method of covering sturdy cotton webbin with fabric for handles.
I added a metal heart button and a fabric loop. I will put my kipstick, camera, and a good supply of tissues in this bag to keep on hand during the wedding. It is pretty small, about 8 by 10 inches. However, the straps are long enough to just fit over my shoulder.

When I come back from the wedding in North Carolina, it will be June, and time to start on my next bag of the month.

1 comment:

robin said...

I recognize this bag from the wedding! It matched perfectly. :) Also, I absolutely LOVED the quilt you made for the chuppah.

Robin