Monday, June 9, 2008

Time to start the June bag


It is already June 8 and I have to start the June Bag of the Month. Before I left for my sons'swedding (last weekend) I decided to make a bag for my dear friend Deb. She is a photographer and videographer and she is often carrying photos, DVDs or books with her. When she came by to visit a few weeks ago, I noticed that she was carrying these things without a BAG, they were loose. So I suggested that I make a bag for her, and use one of her photographs on the outside.


Deb had given me a copy of this beautiful photo shehad taken in Florida (where she lives half the year) and I scanned it so I could print it on fabric.

I think it will make a lovely bag. I have not yet decided the fabric or style to use but I am ready with the photo which has been printed on fabric.

I think it will be a medium sized tote bag to carry small photo books, packets of photos, and DVDs. I will use colors from the photo above and line it with coordinating colors. It will be a simple but practical design. I hope to get started later this week!

No comments: