Sunday, May 11, 2008

The May bag if finished and ready to fill!



Here is the finished Virginia Woolf bag. I added a fabric covered button and cloth loop to close it. The different purple and lavender floral fabrics reminded me of Virginia. The photo is one that was used on the cover of her biography by Quentin Bell. I used this photo in a quilt I made my friend Chris for her 50th birthday, that incorporarted photo tranfsers onto cloth of her 13 favorite books.


The photo on the right shows the green and purple floral fabric used in the lining. The photo below shows the back of the bag. Overall I am pleased with the bag, despite its flaws. Now the fun par, of how to fill it! Maybe I'll do that after I return from Paris. The fundraiser whree this bag is auctioned will take place in early August and i am going to Porltand to visit Rebecca and also attend the benefit dinner!




No comments: