Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Virginaia Woolf bag is almost done!

I am working hard to finish my May bag of the month because I leave in a few days for Paris. Hooray! So today I quilted the sides of the bag, ripped out some of the quilting, sewed the sides together, sewed the lining, sewed the straps, sewed a little closure strip, and made my first cloth covered button. Now it is all assembled and the only thing left is to sew on the button. As usual, the bag has many flaws. I had to sew two lines of stitches on each edge of the strap because the first line of stitches was too wide. Because I have a vision disability (no central vison) I kow there are other things that I did wrong or willshow up as flaws. But I hope to compensate for this by filling the bag with wonderful Virginia Woolf goodies.
Rebecca is going to donate a few books. My choices are Mrs. Dalloway and the biography of Virginia by her nephew, Quentin Bell. Maybe also a copy of the wonderful book "The Hours" by Michael Cunningham that is based on Virginia, her life, and Mrs. Dalloway. I am going to add some English breakfast tea and English biscuits (cookies). My meighbor Kris made a writing journla to add and I will get a nice pen. Any other suggesitons? I'll upload of photo of the finished bag tomorrow, when the button is sewed on. I am calling it quites for tonight.

No comments: