Wednesday, March 19, 2008

This was the most difficult bag I ever made!








My March bag is finished! I can't believe how long it took to make or how difficult it was. Lesson to be learned: do not believe the statement in a pattern that a bag is extermely easy to make. The instructions for this bag were often quite cryptic and I had to read them over and oever, pin the pieces, and try to figure it out. I will NOT make this bag again, that is for sure.



However, it is a pretty bag as you can see. And it's finished! Rather than use a cloth covered button to close it, I had a nice blue flower button already and I used that. It has two pockets inside, both on the diagonal. The seams have all been covered with the lavender fabric (also on the diagonal giving a twisted effect). So it really is a "Twist and Shout" bag, but I won't tell you what I shouted as I sewed and resewed or broke needle after needle.



This photo shows the lining and the lavendar covered seams. The bag is big and sturdy but has a soft cozy feeling to it, due to the soft fabrics used and the nice lofty batting.

Now it is time to fill the bag. Since it is going to a fund raiser at the Sexual Violence Center, I want it to be a bag of healing. So here are some of the products I will fill it with.




These products include:

A lavender products gift set (donated by my husband Michael).

A lavender candle

A tin of lavendar and chamomile tea

A CD of healing music

I will also add some blank cards I made with soothing photographs I took of the ociean and the woods, and maybe some lavender flavored cookies or honey.

I feel very proud and relieved that the bag is finished and I can start working on the wedding chuapph for my son's wedding in late May. That is what I will be doing for the rest of this spring break week!

2 comments:

Thought Oasis said...

This is an amazing achievement Ms. Garfield! You should be very proud of it. Well done and keep these beautiful designs coming!

Your Fan in Kuwait

robin said...

Even though it was a hard bag to make, it looks really cool! I don't have the patience to make those things, I'm very impressed.

Robin