Thursday, March 13, 2008

Plans for the March bag of the month

It is well into March and time to begin my next bag. I have three bags in the planning. I decided to make a bag to donate to the Sexual Vionence Center's spring fund raiser, in honor of my neighbor and dear friend Kris who so generously volunteers her time, energy and talent to this organization. I am going to make this a healing bag. I will fill it with lavender products, a candle, soothing music, and herbal tea. I am going to try a new pattern for this bag, one I bought recently from a speaker who came to my quilt guild last month. The pattern is called Twist and Shtou because it is on diagonals, giving a twisty look. I am going to make the largest size, so this tote bag can carry all the goodies I am going to put in it. If I like the pattern, then I may use if for one of the other bags I have planned. I am going to make a "Bag of her Own" Virginia Woolf bag for a fundraiser for In Other Words Bookstore, (see Inotherwords.org). It is the non-profit feminist bookstore where my daughter, Rebecca works. Rebecca and I enjoyed brainstorming what this bag will look like and what we will fill it with, when she was home last weekend.

Back to the March bag. I have picked out two fabrics to use. One is a birght lavendar print, and one is a floral with lavendar and green flowers. I think these will look nice together. I still have to choose a liner fabirc. My plan is to do all the cutting today. I have just gotten my again Bernina back from being serviced, so I am eager to start sewing again.

No comments: