Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two September bags

Here are the two farmers market bags for September. I am dedicating these to my good friend Carol (more about her to come). She lives in the neighborhood and these bags will be auctioned off at our neighborhood fall festival fund raiser.


These bags went together quickly. I had bought the fabrics earlier in the summer. Both have vegetable prints. They are lightweight and roomy and should be useful when buying produce at the farmers market. I went to the Mill City Market yesterday to buy things to fill the bags. For each bag I am using the things shown above: a nice organic pie pumpkin, an organic delicata squash, a jar of single source honey from a local farm, and a copy of one of my favorite cookbooks: Local Flavors by Deborah Madison. I have made many of the recipes in this book and they are fantastic. A great way to cook local fall vegetables.

No comments: