Friday, September 5, 2008

Time to sew again

I can't believe September is here and I need to get going on the September bag. I have agreed (volunteered) to make TWO bags, again farmers market bags, for my neighborhood fall festival and fundraiser. I am going to make them quickly, and keep them light and functional, like the August bag. I have two cute fabrics to use, one for each bag. They should go quickly. Tomorrow I plan to go to my local farmers market to buy some things to put inside them: honey, maple syrup, wild rice, etc.

It feels like ages since I have used the sewing machine. I had to evacuate my quilt studio to have it painted (a lovely golden yellow) and now it is all reassembled and nicely organized. It looks too neat and tidy for me to start making messes again. I think I'll cut out the fabrics tonight and then start sewing this weekend, after I get bobbins wound and threads chosen and all that good stuff. I have been listening to great music on pandora.com while I sew. You create your own radio by selecting the artists you like. It is so great because you hear all your favorite musicians and you also hear others that you didn't know. Most of these I really like. But if you don't like a song being played, you can give it a thumbs down and it is stopped and a new one starts. Better than radio and even better than i-pod shuffle!

Right now I have created four stations and the one I play the most is a mix of Garbage, Ani d'Franco, Dar Williams, and the Cranberries. It also plays Edie Brickell, Alanis Moriseete and others that I was not familiar with but enjoy, and now they serenade me as I work in my quilt studio (where my computer is also housed). I think I will also set up an Irish music station to remind me of the wonderful time I spent in Ireland last month!
OK, now to cut out fabrics and get started.

No comments: