Sunday, September 14, 2008

a big disappointment

I went to the neighborhood festival on Saturday, eager to see the two farmers market bags on display, brimming wit goodies.
It had begun to rain so I went to the park building, assuming the silent auction was indoors. It was not. I was very surprised to see a big set of tables outside on the sports filed labeled Silent Auction. And everything on them was getting wet!
I located my two, sopping wet and bedraggled bags. Luckily the cookbooks had been removed, but there was not mention that anyone bidding on the wet bag would also get a lovely cookbook to go with it, as well as the honey, pumpkin and squash, all dripping with rain.
I felt so badly to see my little creations suffering so. I cam home and told Michael, bursting into tears as I related the sad story. He gallantly returned to the park and rescued by bags and located the two cookbooks (they were damp as they had not been removed from the bags until after it had begun to rain). I wiped then dry and put the bags on my laundry rack.
So now I have two farmers market bags to donate somewhere else. Any suggestions?
Please let me know!

No comments: