Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A little setback

I was waiting for my vegetable fabrics to arrive to make the July farmers market bag, and was sewing a black and white table runner, when.....
Ouch, my machine sewed my finger. I don't know how I managed to get my finger under the needle but it went right in and broke off, leaving a 3/8 inch piece embedded in the index finger of my left hand.
My husband drove me to Urgent Care and after an x-ray to verify the location of the missing needle piece, the doctor did a little surgery and this is what my hand looked like. I had two stitches and the wound is healing well so they should come out next week.
In the meantime, the lovely vegetable fabrics arrived and I am playing with them, arranging them in different combinations to try to figure out which I will use in the new bag.

No comments: