Thursday, July 24, 2008

The July bag is finished!

The July bag is finished and I am planning to give it to Barb today. Since it is a farmers' market bag, I have filled it with goodies that I bought at the Mill City Market, my favorite farmers' market. They only sell products that are grown or produced in this area, and most of the produce, if not all, is organic or grown without pesticides. It is open Saturday morning and I love to go with my big empty bags and see what has been harvested that week. Last weekend I bought raspberries and blueberries, finally ripe enough to pick. I bought sugar snap peas, pea pods, radishes, cucumbers, kale, mint, spinach, and basil. For the Farmer's Market bag I bought a special jar of clover honey, a bottle o real maple syrup, a package of wild rce soup, some homemade fruit and nut crackers, some of Edna's famous caramels, and a bag of granola. I also bought a frag ant soap. Into the bag I am also putting two cards: one with a recipe on it for Mexican gazpacho, and one is a card made from a photo I took in southern France (shown below). I also put in the bag a new edition of one of my favorite cookbooks. Local Flavors by Deborah Madison, which provides delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients from farmers markets. I was going to upload photos of the finished bag but my batteris are dead and I am recharging them. When I upload them in my next post I will also write about my friend Barb, becuase I made this bag in her honor.


No comments: